(HealthDay News) -- Warts are small bumps, caused by a virus, that are highly contagious.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to reduce your risk of developing warts on the feet:
- Don't walk around barefoot.
- Each day, wear a clean pair of socks and alternate your shoes.
- Wash feet regularly, and dry them thoroughly.
- Regularly inspect children's feet.
- If someone else has warts, avoid direct contact with their skin.
- Let your doctor know about warts, growths or other changes in your skin.