(HealthDay News) -- Bunions are painful bumps that develop on the side of the big toe
If you have a bunion, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests
- Change to a pair of shoes that fit well and don't squeeze your toes.
- Use bunion pads inside your shoes to ease pressure.
- Consider shoe inserts or splints worn at night to relieve pressure.
- Ice the bunion a few times a day for about 20 minutes at a time, using something to protect your skin from the ice.
- Take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug to help ease pain and swelling.